Optical Devices and Molecular Imaging for Cervical Neoplasia
Click below to return to the project mainpage.
Below are abstracts that have been submitted and presented at national conferences.
Links to PDFs of the posters will be available soon!
- Arifler D, MacAulay C, Follen M, Guillaud M. Numerical analysis of dysplasia--associated changes in depth-dependent light scattering profile of cervical epithelium. Proceedings of SPIE - Clinical and Biomedical Spectroscopy and Imaging Ill,vol. 8798 (2013).
- Amirian ES, Adler-Storthz K, Scheurer ME. Associations between human herpesvirus-6, human papillomavirus and cervical cancer. Cancer Lett 2013 Aug 9;336(1):18-23. (pdf)
- Carrillo T, Fradkin L, Hernandez L. Loretta, Gutierrez CM, Haynes M, Hernandez I, Scheurer M, Melendez C, Follen M, Mulla ZD. Ethnic differences in cervical cancer survival in women living along the Texas-Mexico border. [abstract]. In: Proceedings of the Sixth AACR Conference: The Science of Cancer Health Disparities; Dec 6–9, 2013; Atlanta, GA. Philadelphia (PA): AACR; Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2014;23(11 Suppl):Abstract nr B51. doi:10.1158/1538-7755.DISP13-B51
- Csikasz-Nagy A, Escudero LM, Guillaud M, Sedwards S, Baum B, Cavaliere M. Cooperation and competition in the dynamics of tissue architecture during homeostasis and tumorigenesis'. Semin Cancer Biol. 2013 Aug; 23(4):293-8. (pdf)
- Montealegre JR, Zhou R, Amirian ES, Follen M, Scheurer ME. Nativity disparities in late-stage diagnosis and cause-specific survival among Hispanic women with invasive cervical cancer: an analysis of Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results data. Cancer Causes Control 2013, 24:1985-1994. (pdf)
- Carrillo T, Montealegre J, Perkins T, Gutierrez C, Castañeda K, Greenberg H, Saldivar S, Fradkin L, Lane P, Castro F, Scheurer M, Follen M, Mulla ZD. Predictors of timely attendance for colposcopy following an abnormal Pap test among Hispanic women on the Texas-Mexico border. Poster presented at the Seventh American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Conference on The Science of Cancer Health Disparities in Racial/Ethnic Minorities and the Medically Underserved, San Antonio, Texas, Nov 11, 2014. Abstract No. B10. (pdf)
- Gutierrez CM, Montealegre JR, Fradkin L, Scheurer ME, Adler-Storthz K, Carrillo T, Follen M, Mulla ZD. Prevalent high-risk HPV genotypes among Hispanic women along the Texas-Mexico border. Poster presented at the Seventh American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Conference on The Science of Cancer Health Disparities in Racial/Ethnic Minorities and the Medically Underserved, San Antonio, Texas, Nov 11, 2014. Abstract No. B11. (pdf)
- Carrillo T, Perkins T, Montealegre JR, Gutierrez C, Castro F, Follen M, Mulla Z. Participation in a Cervical Cancer Clinical Trial By Women of Mexican Origin in the Texas-Mexico Border. Poster presented at the 23rd Annual Meeting at the Society for Prevention Research in Washington, D.C., May 26, 2015. Abstract No.381 (pdf)
- Gutierrez CM, Carrillo T, Montealegre JR, Fradkin L, Follen M, Mulla ZD. Analysis of Zero-Inflated Count Data in the Setting of Cervical Cancer Detection. Poster presented at 2015 American College of Epidemiology Annual Conference in Atlanta, Georgia., Sept 26-29, 2015. Abstract No. 1b6